As one of America’s most beautiful and popular tourist destinations, you will find an array of things to do and see in San Francisco. The San Francisco Bay Area is home to more than 7 million permanent residents. Here you can visit the famous Golden Gate Bridge, ride up and down the hills in a cable car, wander through Fisherman’s Wharf, take a boat ride to Alcatraz Island, or meet new friends in the city’s world-renowned restaurants, cafes, shops and nightclubs. This bustling city is sure to leave you with improved English and lasting memories.
- Mild year-round climate allows for diverse outdoor recreational activities!
- A large number of beautiful national parks and beaches open to the public such as Yosemite and Lake Tahoe.
- Home to World Series champion San Francisco Giants baseball team.
- World class museums, symphony and opera attracting top names in the arts and music.
- Nearby attractions include Napa Valley wine country, Santa Cruz beach, and Monterey / Carmel.
- Public transportation allows access anywhere: Metro, CalTrain, cable cars, ferries and buses.
- Home to many famous universities including Stanford University and the University of California, Berkeley!
TALK San Francisco at Notre Dame de Namur University
TALK’s San Francisco center is located on the beautiful campus of Notre Dame de Namur University in the San Francisco Bay Area town of Belmont, California. Founded in 1851, Notre Dame de Namur University is just minutes from the lively, cultural lifestyle of downtown San Francisco by car or train.
TALK students at NDNU enjoy many fun activities including local concerts, museums, walking excursions to San Francisco and trips to the beach. Located within 20 minutes of the campus is the world-famous Silicon Valley, where students can visit the campuses of technology giants such as Google, Yahoo, and Facebook. Students can also participate in day and weekend trips to exciting locations including Six Flags Amusement Park, Napa Valley, and Lake Tahoe.
Notre Dame de Namur University Overview
- Private college founded in 1851
- 2000 students from more than 28 states and 25 countries
- 50-acre campus located in the town of Belmont, approximately twenty miles from downtown San Francisco and ten miles from Facebook Headquarters in the Silicon Valley
- 22 undergraduate degrees including Art Therapy, Business, Music, and Pre-Medicine
- 13 master’s programs and 5 graduate level certificate programs
- NDNU Website
TALK at NDNU Facilities
- Dedicated full-time teachers and staff
- Classrooms are located throughout the campus with multimedia availability
- Computer labs and campus-wide free Wi-Fi access available
- Access to Notre Dame de Namur University facilities including Library, Arts Center, and sports complex with basketball courts, pool and fitness center.
- Cafeteria offering vegetarian, organic and locally-farmed meal options
- Weekly activities on and off-campus
- Walking distance to CalTrain Belmont station, where students can take the train to downtown San Francisco or other parts of Silicon Valley
- ACCET accredited
When I came to Belmont I knew this place is wonderful. San Francisco is so beautiful. I love the Golden Gate Bridge! My favorite experience is going to The De Young Museum. In fact, I didn’t like go to the museum before but since my teacher took me to visit the museum, I fell in love to go to different museums to enjoy the arts! And in TALK I find a lot friends ~and best friend!
Choosing TALK in NDNU is the best choice in my life!
-I-Ling Liu, Taiwan
Learn English in the San Francisco Bay area!
Enroll Now Contact us