IELTS Test Center
Apply to Take your IELTS test in Fort Lauderdale, Miami Beach, Atlanta or Santo Domingo!
It’s all online and it’s as easy as 1, 2, 3!
Submit your IELTS Test Registration, Upload a Copy of your ID and Pay for you Registration on the IELTS website (www.ieltsusatest.org)
- Be sure to select the correct test type, location and date click here
Double Check Details: Make sure to pay for the correct test type, location and date. Paying for the incorrect test resulting in cancellation, is subject to a 25% administrative fee.
Time Sensitive: Payment must be completed within 5 days or the IELTS Registration is automatically cancelled.
Contact our center if you do not receive the confirmation email within a week of payment.
To download our Information for Candidates guide, click here
IELTS Test Dates 2020
All test dates are on a Saturday or a Thursday. Register early as seats are limited.
|Test Date||Atlanta||Fort Lauderdale||Miami Beach||Santo Domingo|
|Jul 11||General & Academic||General & Academic|
|Jul 25||General||General & Academic||General & Academic|
|Aug 8||General||General & Academic||General & Academic|
|Aug 22||General||General & Academic||General & Academic|
|Sep 12||General||General & Academic||General & Academic|
|Sep 26||General||General & Academic||General & Academic|
|Oct 24||General||General & Academic||General & Academic|
|Nov 7||General||General & Academic||General & Academic|
|Nov 21||General||General & Academic||General & Academic|
|Dec 5||General||General & Academic||General & Academic|
Terms & Conditions
IELTS is the International English Language Testing System which tests English proficiency across the globe. IELTS is the world’s most popular English proficiency test with more than 3 million tests administered each year.
IELTS tests are held in over 1,200 test centers with tests up to four times a month. IELTS respects international diversity and is fair to anyone who sits the test, regardless of nationality.
You can choose from two types of IELTS: Academic or General Training, depending on whether you want to study, work or migrate.
Both tests consist of four parts – Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking.
IELTS results are graded on the unique IELTS 9-band scale.
You can trust the quality and security of IELTS because it is managed by three reputable, international organizations: British Council, IDP: IELTS Australia and the Cambridge Assessment English.
More than 10,000 organizations, including many government departments and universities, rely on IELTS. The IELTS scoring system is recognized globally, giving you a truly international result.
IELTS Test Fees
|Santo Domingo (includes Express Delivery Fee)||$460|
Express Delivery Fee
|Optional for USA but mandatory for Test Report Forms mailed overseas||$75|
|Download Express Delivery request form|
|Mailed to address in the USA (each)||$30|
|Mailed to address outside the USA (each)||$105|
|To request, please contact center directly|
Test takers who cancel or postpone their test date within 5 weeks prior to the test will be considered a cancellation and will forfeit the test fee they have paid. Test takers will have to pay the entire fee again to register on a different date.
If a test taker informs TALK in writing more than five weeks before a scheduled test date of an intention to postpone and transfer to another test date, they may do so by paying a Transfer/Admin fee of $ 60.
If a test taker informs TALK in writing more than five weeks before a scheduled test date of an intention to cancel, a refund, less a 25 % administrative fee, will be issued.
To request please contact the center directly.
Test takers are tested in Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking.
4 sections, 40 items
|General Training Reading
3 sections, 40 items
3 sections, 40 items
|General Training Writing
2 tasks 150 and 250 words
2 tasks 150 and 250 words
|Total Test Time is 2 hours and 45 minutes|
Test takers must be prepared to spend the entire day at the test center, because speaking interviews are scheduled in the afternoon between 1 and 6 p.m. Test takers will get their Speaking interview time at the test center before the test starts.
- There is no pass or fail mark.
- Test takers receive results on a band scale from 1 to 9.
- Test takers receive a band score for each section of the test as well as an Overall band score.
- Band scores are reported in whole and half bands.
- Results are valid for two years.
Results are released on the 13th day following each test date. Test results are not released over the phone or via email attachments.
To preview your IELTS test result, complete all fields at https://results.ieltsessentials.com.
The preview of your IELTS result is usually available online 13 days after your test date, and will remain available for 28 days thereafter. Your official Test Report Form will be mailed to you 13 days after the test. Please note the preview of your IELTS result cannot be used as official confirmation of your test result.
Disclaimer: The online preview of your test result may not be used as an official score report. IELTS USA, the test center and the IELTS Partners give no guarantee as to the accuracy of the preview result, and will not accept any responsibility for an inaccurate score. IELTS USA, the test center and the IELTS Partners will not accept any responsibility in the event that your result fails to display, whether due to technical fault or administrative procedures.
Interpretation of Results
The nine bands and their descriptive statements are as follows:
- 9 – Expert User: Has fully operational command of the language: appropriate, accurate and fluent with complete understanding.
- 8 – Very Good User: Has fully operational command of the language with only occasional unsystematic inaccuracies and inappropriacies. Misunderstanding may occur in unfamiliar situations. Handles complex detailed argumentation well.
- 7 – Good User: Has operational command of the language, though with occasional inaccuracies inappropriacies and misunderstandings in some situations. Generally handles complex language well and understands detailed reasoning.
- 6 – Competent User: Has generally effective command of the language despite some inaccuracies, inappropriacies and misunderstandings. Can use and understand fairly complex language, particularly in familiar situations.
- 5 – Modest User: Has partial command of the language, coping with overall meaning in most situations, though is likely to make many mistakes. Should be able to handle basic communication in own field.
- 4 – Limited User: Basic competence is limited to familiar situations. It has frequent problems in understanding and expression. It is not able to use complex language.
- 3 – Extremely Limited User: Conveys and understands only general meaning in very familiar situations. Frequent breakdowns in communication occur.
- 2 – Intermittent User: No real communication is possible except for the most basic information using isolated words or short formulae in familiar situations and to meet immediate needs. Has great difficulty understanding spoken and written English.
- 1 – Non User: Essentially has no ability to use the language beyond possibly a few isolated words.
- 0 – Did not attempt the test: No assessable information provided.
- IELTS test overview
- Introduction to the test
- Helpful strategies for improving performance
- Valuable test taking techniques
- Practice test
- Fort Lauderdale School, Fridays before the test, 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Download the registration form.
IELTS Test Preparation Course
- Detailed writing, reading, listening and speaking exercises
- Examples of IELTS test questions with detailed explanation of answers
- Helpful strategies for improving IELTS test results
- Valuable IELTS test-taking techniques
- Numerous IELTS practice tests
- Fort Lauderdale School, Fridays before test, 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm
- Download the registration form.
To ensure information passing between the IELTS testing center and IELTS test taker is timely, accurate and properly recorded, all communication must be done through e-mail. All e-mails must include the IELTS test taker’s name and IELTS Confirmation Number appearing in the subject line of the e-mail.
IELTS Center e-mail addresses are found below each center’s contact details. The test center can be reached by phone from 9 a.m. – 12 noon.
If you have any questions about IELTS or for additional information, please click the button below to get in touch with us!
Are you looking for something else?
Take a look at our English courses offerings and discover more about the great cities in which our schools are located.
Develop your speaking, writing, listening and reading skills from well-trained and experienced teachers. Read more »
There are seven cities waiting for you for a full immersion in the American culture. Read more »