Collection and Use of Personal Information
When you request information, enroll in our courses or contact us, we collect personal information that can be used to contact or identify you. It may include, but is not limited to your name – data such as your email address, phone number, current location, nationality and other details may be collected. If you are enrolling as a student, we may collect other personal data so that we can assess your application in order to make appropriate arrangements for you, if necessary. We may collect the personal information about our website users that you voluntarily provide us from text messages, emails, phone calls and posts or from other sources, including from offline communications.
The personal information that we may use is the data collected in the following ways:
- In order to fulfill the purpose for which such personal data is required (for example personal details submitted in order for you to enroll in one of our courses or provided as part of a specific inquiry).
- To communicate with you about matters regarding your enrollment, your academic reports or any questions you may have related to such matters; provide technical support and information regarding the site or changes to our terms & conditions or our policies. Such information must be communicated with you in order for you to have optimal use of our services, and you may not opt out of receiving these communications.
- To contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotions about new or existing services that we believe could be of interest to you. We may use your personal data to send surveys or questionnaires so that we can learn more about your needs and interests. If you would prefer that we do not send marketing messages to you, please refer to the “Consent” section below.
- Personal data may be used for internal business purposes, such as improving the Site, thus allowing us to personalize the content that you and others see based on personal characteristics or preferences, as well as enabling us to perform data analysis, audits and so forth on the site.
- We do not collect via www.talk.edu your credit card number or other payment account numbers, nor does your billing address or any other information you may use to fulfill any purchase. Such information may be requested by our sales representatives when you enroll in our courses.
- Personally identifiable information may be requested and used by us if you enter or engage in promotions, sweepstakes, competitions and contests and, if you win, we may request certain personal data in order to process the prize. You are required to carefully read the rules of each Promotion, as these may include additional information about TALK English Schools’ use of your personally identifiable information. To the extent that the terms and conditions of such rules conflict with this Policy, the terms and conditions of such rules will apply.
Collection and Use of Non-Personal Data
Like many site operators, information is collected from your browser whenever you visit our site. This information is non-personal data that is not linked to personal data about you, such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser version, operating system, domain name, the pages of our site that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics.
Disclosure or Transfer of Personal Data
We may disclose personal and other data we collect from you in the following ways:
- Share your Personal Information with companies or vendors who are performing services on behalf of TALK. These vendors include servers for communicating with you, soliciting feedback from users and responding to users questions. The personal and non-personal information you provide us with includes vendors who facilitate some aspects of our site and services, manage our database track trends and analyze use patterns on our site. The companies may be supplied with, or have access, to your personal data solely for the purpose of providing these services to us or on our behalf. TALK is the data controller and will remain accountable for the personal information.
- We may process, store and share any Personal Information with TALK employees, affiliated entities, strategic partners and service providers in any country worldwide, including but not limited to your home country, or the United States. TALK will take appropriate steps to ensure that personal data is handled as described in this Policy. You agree that the personal information with which you provide us will be collected, used and processed here in the United States and other countries where TALK has service providers or third parties described above.
- Your personally identifiable information may be shared if permitted, governed or required by law, as well as to respond to requests from governmental or public authorities; protect our rights, safety, privacy or property; permit us to pursue available remedies or limit damages that we may sustain; and enforce our terms and conditions and any other agreements.
- Representatives from countries we work with may contact you directly to offer a personalized counselling service. These trusted partners may be supplied with or have access to your personal data for the sole purpose of providing services on our behalf.
- Your data may also be shared with other business divisions and subsidiaries of TALK (affiliated businesses) that provide services we think might interest you.
If you are a minor (under 18 years of age) seeking to apply to study with us or subscribe to this website, sign up for offers or newsletters, parental or guardian permission will be requested before processing your application. You will need to supply your parent or guardian’s email address, residential address and telephone number. TALK has the right to verify these contact details.
By providing us with your contact details, you are agreeing to receive communication by email, telephone or the postal services about our products and services.
You can let us know at the time of enrollment or by contacting us at [email protected] if you do not want us to send you information about our services or promotional services.
If you do not want us to share your Personal Information with our Affiliated Entities’ marketing communications, you need to inform us at the time of enrollment or by contacting us at [email protected]
Please note, regardless of your opt-in preferences, we cannot remove personal data we have shared with Affiliated Businesses if you choose to opt-out.
You may request that we update, correct and/or remove personal information in our active database if consistent with applicable law. You can request these changes to [email protected] In those countries where applicable law rules that personal date is removed upon your request, we may retain certain information for recordkeeping. We are not responsible for the personally identifiable information already collected from us by our Affiliated Businesses or third parties.
We are concerned with the security of the personal data we collect from you and we implement security measures to protect your personal information. TALK will take all possible measures to protect the personal information we collect from you from potential security breaches such as unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction; and maintain accuracy of your personal data and keep it up-to-date.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is not secure, please notify us of the problem immediately by contacting us at email.
Updates to This Policy
From time to time we may modify this Policy. We will announce material changes to the Policy by posting the revised Policy prominently on the site, and where required by applicable law, notifying you through a notice on our home page, information collection forms or via e-mail. You can determine when this Policy was last revised by checking the “Last Modified” legend at the bottom of this Policy. Your continued use of the Site and our services after any modification constitutes your agreement to the new terms.
Last Modified: 10/30/2017.