Collection and Use of Personal Information
When you request information, enroll in our courses or contact us, we collect personal information that can be used to contact or identify you. It may include – but is not limited to – your name. Data such as your email address, phone number, current location, nationality, your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address and other details may be collected. If you are enrolling as a student, we may collect other personal data so that we can assess your application and, if necessary, make appropriate arrangements for you. We may collect the personal information that you voluntarily provide us from text messages, emails, phone calls, and posts or from other sources, including from offline communications.
The personal information that we may use is the data collected in the following ways:
- To fulfill the purpose for which such personal data is required (for example personal details submitted when you enroll in one of our courses or that is provided as part of a specific inquiry).
- To communicate with you about matters regarding your enrollment, your academic reports or any questions you may have related to such matters.
- To provide technical support and information regarding the site or changes to our terms & conditions or our policies. Such information must be communicated to you to optimize your experience and use of our services.
- To contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotions about new or existing services that we believe may be of interest to you. We may use your personal data to send surveys or questionnaires so that we can learn more about your needs and interests. If you would prefer that we do not send marketing messages to you, please refer to the “Consent” section below.
- Personal data may be used for internal business purposes, such as improving the Sites, thus allowing us to personalize the content that you and others see based on personal characteristics or preferences, as well as enabling us to perform data analysis, audits and so forth on the sites.
- We do not collect via the Sites your credit card number or other payment account numbers, nor do we collect your billing address or any other information you may use to fulfill any purchase. This information may be requested by our sales representatives when you enroll in our courses.
- Your personally identifiable information may be requested and used by us if you enter or engage in promotions, sweepstakes, competitions and contests and, if you win, we may request certain personal data to enable us to process the prize. You are required to carefully read the rules of each Promotion, as these may refer to additional information about TALK English Schools’ use of your personally identifiable information. To the extent that the terms and conditions of such rules conflict with this Policy, the terms and conditions of such rules will apply.
Collection and Use of Non-Personal Data
Like many site operators, information is collected from your browser whenever you visit our site. This information includes your browser type, browser version, operating system, domain name, the pages of our site that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics. This information is non-personal data and is not linked to personal data about you.
A cookie is a small, non-executable file that is placed on your computer when you browse a site. Our sites use two types of cookies: “first-party session cookies” that retain information for the duration of your visit and “persistent cookies” that remain on your computer after your visit and help us monitor the pages of the site you visit so that we can continue to improve our site according to your preferences. Our cookies do not save any personal or confidential information about you.
When you use our site, you are consenting to us employing data collection via cookies. Although you can disable cookies using your web browser’s cookie menu, you may affect the functionality of this Site’s ability to provide access to information.
Disclosure or Transfer of Personal Data
We may disclose personal and other data we collect from you in the following ways:
- Share your Personal Information with companies or vendors who are performing services on behalf of TALK. These vendors include servers for the purposes of communicating with users to solicit feedback and to respond to users’ questions. The recipients of the personal and non-personal information that you provide us include vendors who facilitate some aspects of our site and services, manage our database track trends and analyze use patterns on our site. These companies may be supplied with, or have access, to your personal data solely for the purposes of providing such services to us, or upon our behalf. TALK is the data controller and will remain accountable for the personal information.
- We may process, store and share any Personal Information with TALK employees, affiliated entities, strategic partners and service providers in any country worldwide, including but not limited to your home country, or the United States. TALK will take appropriate steps to ensure that personal data is handled as described in this Policy. You agree that the personal information with which you provide us will be collected, used and processed here in the United States and other countries where TALK has service providers, or by the third parties described above.
- Your personally identifiable information may be shared if permitted, governed or required by law, as well as to respond to requests from governmental or public authorities; to protect our rights, safety, privacy or property; to permit us to pursue available remedies or limit damages that we may sustain; and to enforce our terms and conditions and any other agreements.
- Representatives from countries we work with may contact you directly to offer a personalized counselling service. These trusted partners may be supplied with or have access to your personal data for the sole purpose of providing services to you on our behalf.
- Your data may also be shared with other business divisions and subsidiaries of TALK (affiliated businesses) that provide services we think might interest you.
If you are a minor (under 18 years of age) seeking to apply to study with us or subscribe to this website, or sign up for offers or newsletters, parental or guardian permission will be requested before processing your application. You will need to supply your parent or guardian’s email address, residential address and telephone number. TALK has the right to verify these contact details.
By providing us with your contact details and confirming that you would like to receive offers and updates from us, you are agreeing to receive communication by email, telephone or postal services about our products and services.
You can let us know at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org that you do not want us to send you information about our services or promotional services.
If you do not want us to share your Personal Information with our Affiliated Entities’ marketing communications, you need to inform us by contacting email@example.com.
Please note, if you choose to opt-out, regardless of your opt-in preferences, we cannot remove personal data we have previously shared with Affiliated Businesses
You may request at any time that we update, correct and/or remove personal information in our active database if consistent with applicable law. You can request these changes to firstname.lastname@example.org. In those countries where applicable law rules that personal date is removed upon your request, we may retain certain historical information for recordkeeping and statistics but we agree not to use or transfer this data. We are not responsible for the personally identifiable information already collected from us by our Affiliated Businesses or third parties.
If you wish at any time to unsubscribe from our email lists, please go to our unsubscribe link at foot of the email page.
We are committed to protect the security of the personal data that we collect from you and that is why we implement these measures to secure your personal information.
TALK will employ all reasonable measures to protect the personal information we collect from you from security breaches, such as unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. We will undertake to maintain accuracy of your personal data and to keep it updated.
We use a secure server, so that all sensitive information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology before being encrypted into our database. Sensitive information can only be accessed by persons authorized to do so under strict confidentiality guidelines.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is not secure, please notify us of the problem immediately by contacting email@example.com.
Updates to This Policy
From time to time we may modify this Policy. We will announce material changes to the Policy by posting the revised Policy prominently on the site, and where required by applicable law, notifying you on our home page, by information collection forms or via e-mail. You can determine when this Policy was last revised by checking the “Last Modified” legend at the bottom of this Policy. Your continued use of the Sites and our services after any modification constitutes your agreement to the new terms.
Last Modified: 05/23/2018.