F-1 Visa (student visa)The reason you are coming to the U.S. determines what kind of visa you will receive. You must apply for the correct visa before you travel to the United States. To study full-time in the USA, you will need an F-1 student visa. TALK English Schools help students prepare the correct documents to apply for a visa.
Obtaining a F-1 visa
- Step #01: Apply to TALK English Schools. We will issue you a form I-20. Use the form I-20 to pay the SEVIS I-901 fee online at fmjfee.com.
- Step #02: Visit the US embassy or consulate in your home country to attend the interview for your F-1 visa.
The US State Department is responsible for the visa application process and issuing the student visa. Your experience with the US State Department and Consular Services will go more smoothly if you can show that you fully intend to return to your home country upon concluding your study period in the USA. The NAFSA website offers excellent advice on how to approach your interview with the US Consulate Authority – click here to check.
Refer to our blog about this stage of the visa Application Process here.
Obtaining an I-20 form
- Completed application form for the TALK English School at which you intend to study.
- Copy of student’s passport biographic page. If you are traveling with dependents (spouse or children), include their passport copies.
- Copy of student’s current US visa and port of entry stamp (if any).
- Evidence of sufficient financial funds to study in the USA. For TALK English Schools, a minimum of $300 USD per study week must be shown in a bank letter or statement dated within the last 3 months. If there are dependents, $100 USD per person / per week must be added. The letter or statement must clearly state the currency used and the name of the account owner. If financial support documents belong to someone other than the student, a sponsor letter is required.
Already in the USA?
|TYPE OF VISA||PERMITTED TO STUDY FULL TIME||PERMITTED TO STUDY PART TIME (LESS THAN 18 HOURS PER WEEK)|
|F-1||Full-time study required||No|
|B-1/B-2 & Already in the U.S||No||Yes|
|J-1||No||With permission of A/RO|
|L-1||With permission of employer||With permission of employer|
|H-1B||With permission of employer||With permission of employer|
|U.S Permanent Resudent||Yes||Yes|
|Visa Waiver Program||No||Yes|
If you would like to study full time but your current visa does not permit it, you will need to change your visa status. Click here to contact TALK English Schools and learn more here.
*Visa rules and regulations are subject to change without notice. Students should consult with an adviser for the most current information.